- Combine the spices in a small bowl. Place the diced lamb in a large bowl. Massage the spices into the diced lamb. Cover with cling film and let sit in the fridge for a couple of hours, or, preferably, overnight. Let sit at room temperature 30 mins before cooking.
- Heat oven to 160°C/fan 140°C. Prep your ingredients: 1) Chop the onion. 2) Pick the coriander leaves and set aside; finely chop the stems. 3) Mince the garlic. 4) Carefully pour the tinned tomatoes into a large bowl and crush the tomatoes with your hands. 5) Drain and rinse the chickpeas. 6) Roughly chop the dried apricots.
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the lamb and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, around 5 minutes.
- Add the onion and coriander stems and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, around 1 minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, stock, chickpeas and dried apricots; stir to combine. Turn the heat up to medium-high and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and bake the tagine until the lamb is nice and tender, 2 to 2 ½ hours.