When wanting to created delicious meals quickly one of the main problems is prep time. I like to set an hour aside on a Sunday to get some of my food prep done for the rest of the week and this include making a large batch of garlic pulp.
Click here to watch the full video on making garlic pulp
To make garlic pulp.....
Simply peel the garlic (click here to see my trick) and then place around 20+ cloves in a small food processor.
- Give them a quick blitz to the required consistency.
- To help preserve the pulp over the coming week, add a dash of white wine vinegar and a good pinch of salt and give it a little mix.
- Pop it into a container with a lid (or else everything in the fridge will be smelling of garlic).
- Pour a little vegetable oil over the top, so that it is completely covered then pop the lid on and place it in the fridge.
- When you need garlic pulp or chopped garlic in a recipe simply take a spoonful out of the pot and you are ready to go.
If it does go a little green in colour, it is still perfectly safe to use, it's just reacting with the air.