LENTIL & ROAST BUTTERNUT SQUASH SALAD
LENTIL & BUTTERNUT SALAD
1. Preheat the oven to 1800
2. FOR THE LENTILS - In a saucepan over medium to high heat, add lentils, salt and cover the lentils with water. Boil for 25-30 minutes until soft. Drain the lentils, then add ground cumin and coriander and cook on low heat for 5 minutes or so. Add more salt if necessary.
3. FOR THE BUTTERNUT - While the lentils are cooking, Place the butternut and ½ the onion & beetroot on an oven tray lined with parchment paper, season with salt & pepper. Drizzle 2 tbsps olive oil, toss then spread the ingredients on the tray. Roast until the butternut is soft and thoroughly cooked, 25-30minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
4. In a hot pan over medium heat, drizzle 1 tbs olive oil and sautee the onion until soft, then add garlic and cook for 30-45 second. Add Kale and the water then cook for 3-5minutes.
5. FOR THE TAHINI DRESSING – In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, water, honey, lemon juice, garlic, salt, olive oil until smooth. If the dressing is too thick, add ½ a tablespoon of water until it has loosened.
6. ASSEMBLY – Then in a medium to large bowl, add butternut, beetroot, lentils, kale and stir gently until mixed. Transfer to a serving bowl, then drizzle the tahini dressing to serve.