- You want to prep or your ingredients so: first things first. Start by finely chopping 1 garlic clove and place that to one side.
- Then grate 150 g of cheddar cheese as measurements instructed and then you want to crack your eggs in with the cheese - mix that together add a pinch of salt. Place that mixture to one side.
- Open packet of fresh UDON noodles. The reason why I wanted to use Udon noodles for this recipe Is that it just adds a different touch to a common recipe like is carbonara/ pasta.
- So, put your noodles in a separate bowl -ready to add to the pan when needed.
- And finally, for prepping; get your prawns de-shell them and leave to the side. And that is your prep done.
- Add 2½ tbsps of butter into a pan (on a medium gas mark). Let your butter heat up until it starts bubbling and then add your garlic to the pan. Gently stir your garlic (adding a pinch of salt) until it starts to brown.
- Then add your udon noodles... Keep this on a fairly medium to low heat. Add in 30 g water to warm up your udon noodles. And then add a pinch of pepper.
- Stir gently for 1 min and then add your prawns into the pan. Once you see your prawns starting to turn a pink colour, add in your egg and cheese mix. Stir vigorously to make sure the egg evenly spreads around the pan and each noodle is coated after 30-40 seconds, take off the stove add some Parmesan cheese and stir one more time and then add to a plate.
- Place watercress at the edges of your plate and your shrimp carbonara in the centre. Lightly Drizzle olive oil. Add some more Parmesan cheese your dish is ready to serve.