Malaysian Cauliflower Curry
Bursting with flavours from so many aromatics in this creamy, spicy, Malay inspired curry, a fabulous one for my vegan fam and #MeatFreeMonday.
A curry paste base is made up of chillis, shallots, garlic, ginger, galangal, fresh turmeric root, cumin, coriander, lemongrass, soya and cashew nuts... it’s all blitzed into a paste in the food processor. The paste is then cooked with with a little coconut cream, stock and whole spices before the cauliflower and potatoes are added.
Can’t get enough of this one! You gotto try it soon!!
- Blitz the soaked chillis, shallots, garlic, ginger, galangal, turmeric, cumin, coriander, lemongrass, soya and cashew nuts into a paste in the food processor
- In a saucepan over medium heat add 2 tbsp oil and cook the blitzed paste for a few minutes
- Add the coconut cream and the whole spices and continue to cook for a few more minutes
- Add the salt, sugar and tamarind sauce
- Add the stock and cover the pan, reduce heat to a low flame and continue to cook for 10 minutes
- Add the cauliflower and continue to simmer about 6 minutes, until the cauliflower in tender but still has a bite
- Add cooked potatoes and cook for a further couple of minutes until heated thoroughly
- Serve piping hot with steamed Jasmine rice