- Using a clean, glass mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks then add the mustard, tomato paste, chipotle and paprika and whisk again to combine.
- Gradually add around 200ml of the oil, very slowly at first, whisking continuously until thickened.
- Add a tablespoon of white wine vinegar to loosen the mixture a little.
- Continue to gradually add the other 200ml of oil, whisking continuously.
- Add a pinch of salt, and the lemon juice. Whisk to combine then check for seasoning and acidity, adjust if required.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Prep 10 minutes
Total 10 minutes
US | Metric
Clifton Chilli Club's Chipotle Mayonnaise
A smoky mayo with a kick
Drizzle it on pizza, nachos, sandwiches, burgers, or anything fried, crispy and delicious.
Our thanks to the Clifton Chilli Club for providing this recipe.
2 egg yolks
1 Heaped teaspoon Dijon mustard
400 ml Rapeseed oil
1 tbsp white wine vinegar (add more if you want it sharper)
2 tsps Tomato paste
2 tsps Chiptole powder
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
½ lemon (juice only)
Our social features are coming soon