Masala Tunafish With Crunchy Cabbage
Masala Yellowfin Tuna with Crunchy Cabbage - Tuna fish and cabbage, sounds like an odd combo doesn’t it??… I can’t begin to describe how delicious this one is, if you love tuna, you will adore this dish.. even friends who are not the biggest tuna fans rave about it… another one of Punjabi Mama’s secret recipes for you guys!!
Tuna fish is ‘masala-fied’ with lots of onions, ginger, garlic, tomatoes and spices, mixed to that is sweet, earthy white cabbage, cooked together so the cabbage still retains it’s crunch.
Healthy and nutritious, made from pantry ingredients and bonus, it’s sooo quick to prepare, serve with roti/ chapati or for a quick fix warm up some pita bread like I did.
1. Heat a glug of oil in a pan over medium high heat, add the cumin seeds, cook for a few seconds until sizzling
2. Add sliced onions and sauté until soft and translucent
3. Add ginger and garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes
4. Add tomato sauce or passata, salt, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric, chilli powder and ground fennel, cook for 5 minutes until combined
5. Sprinkle in the chopped coriander and the shredded tuna, add a little more oil if needed and cook for 10 minutes
6. Add the shredded cabbage, mix well, increase the heat to high and cook 5 mins, the cabbage should still remain crunchy
7. Serve hot with rotis or naan, enjoy!