For the chicken skewers
- Mix all your chicken ingredients together and marinade for at least 15 minutes but up to overnight.
- Thread your chicken pieces onto skewers and grill for a few minutes on each side until golden and cooked through.
For the peanut dipping sauce
- Meanwhile add all the sauce ingredients to a pan except the lime juice and GENTLY warm it all through. Do not let it boil because it will separate.
- Once it approaches bubbling, keep the heat steady and let it thicken for a few mins, then add the lime. Check for seasoning – depending on your taste it may need more lime, more soy or chili.
For the salad
- Mix together the lime juice and the crushed garlic and let it sit for a minute or so - the acid takes away the harshness.
- Mix in the fish sauce, sugar and sliced chili.
- Toast your peanuts lightly in a frying pan and then crush into small pieces.
- Mix together the grated carrot and beansprouts and pour over your dressing. Top with the peanuts just before serving.