- Start by making the garlic and herb yoghurt sauce, if using. Combine the ingredients in a small bowl. Season with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste. Cover and refrigerate to allow the flavours to develop while you prepare the koftas.
- Using your hands, combine the kofta ingredients in a large bowl until well-incorporated and evenly combined.
- To make kebabs: 1) Divide into 12 portions and mould onto skewers. 2) Heat a lightly oiled pan, griddle or grill over medium-high. Cook the kebabs, turning occasionally, until just cooked through, around 8 minutes. You don’t want to overcook them as they’ll dry out. Tip: to avoid the meat sticking to the pan or grill, wait until the kebabs are seared and well-sealed on one side before turning.
- To make meatballs: 1) Roll the mixture into 1 heaped tablespoon-sized meatballs. It helps to lightly oil your hands when doing this. 2) Heat a lightly oiled pan, griddle or grill over medium-high. Cook the meatballs until just cooked through, around 8 minutes. You can either individually turn each meatball every couple of minutes or, to make things easier, simply give the pan a good shake every couple of minutes – this will ensure that they brown all over. Note: this will only work with a non-stick pan.
- Serve with Saffron Rice or warm, homemade Flatbreads and salad for the perfect summery meal.