For the pesto...
- Hydrate the mushrooms as per the packet recommendations
- Once hydrated, remove any excess water
- Take all ingredients and blitz in a food processor until your desired consistency is reached (add more oil at the same ratio if you want it looser)
- Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use. (Remove from fridge 1 hour prior to using)
- Hydrate the mushrooms according to the packet instructions. Once hydrated leave to one side
- Take a Saucepan and add a good glug of olive oil on a medium high heat
- Finely dice the Onion and add to the pan. Stir regularly to avoid the onions catching. Cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for a further 1-2 minutes
- Add the risotto rice and stir through ensuring all of the rice is lightly coated in oil. Add a dash more if you need to. Cook stirring constantly for 2 minutes
- Add the wine and stir often
- Once the wine has reduced by half, add enough stock to cover the rice and follow this same process as you did when adding the wine.
- Keep topping up with stock until the rice is tender and al dente. This should take between 15-20 minutes.
- Once the rice is al dente, add the mushrooms and a dash more stock. Cook for a minute or 2 stirring often
- Add the butter, cheese, salt and pepper and stir well and serve/leave to one side until ready to serve (you may need to add a dash more stock and butter when warming through again)
Chicken and Bacon
- On a medium heat add a nice glug of olive oil to a pan
- When the oil is hot, season the chicken with salt and add to the pan
- Cook for 5-6 minutes and then flip and add a knob of butter
- Add the diced pancetta and cook for a further 5-6 minutes moving the pancetta occasionally to avoid burning
- Once the chicken is cooked through, allow to rest for 5 minutes , then slice thinly.
- Add the Chicken and pancetta to to the top of the risotto