Lemongrass and ginger broth
- 3 in
- Add olive oil to a warm pan
- Add garlic, lemongrass, ginger, chilli. Saute over medium heat for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add soy sauce, Mirin, rice wine vinegar
- Add broth and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and leave to simmer for 30 minutes
- Once done, strain broth through sieve and add the strained broth back into the pan.
Pan seared salmon
Follow the tips below for your salmon prep and then:
- Season the fish with salt only and only do this before you're about to cook it otherwise salt will add moisture to the salmon impacting your searing
- Add oil to a skillet and let it heat up
- Add salmon skin side down to the pan (pan should sizzle upon adding if it's hot enough)
- Once the salmon looks cooked by about 90% (usually takes 6/7 min depending on thickness of your salmon) , turn it over to cook the other side for 30 secs max
Sweet chilli jam
I'll add my homemade recipe here soon but if you don't have any brush with sweet chilli sauce instead or leave plain /top with garnishes or ginger strands
- Place the halved pak choi pieces in your plate, preferably a bowl plate, pasta place so it looks cute
- Ladle in the broth
- Brush your salmon with sweet chilli jam
- Place your salmon in the middle of the plate, not allowing it to sink in the bowl!
- Top with chopped spring onion and watercress for garnish