- Place the pine nuts in a small roasting tin and bake at 180℃ until golden brown, tossing once halfway through, 5 to 7 minutes. Let cool at least 5 minutes. Alternatively, you can buy pre-toasted pine nuts.
- Transfer the toasted pine nuts to a high-powered food processor or blender and add the grana padano, garlic and sundried tomatoes.
- Blitz until finely chopped, then add the extra-virgin olive oil, basil and lemon zest. Blitz again until smooth-ish, or to your desired consistency. You may need to scrape down the sides of your food processor a couple of times.
- Seasoning wise, it shouldn’t need any salt as sundried tomatoes and grana padano are both salty. Use immediately or store in a jar with a tight fitting lid. It’ll keep in the fridge for 3 to 5 days.
- To use, cook pasta in generously salted water according to package instructions. Reserve some of the pasta cooking water. Place the pesto in a large bowl. Drain the pasta then transfer it to the bowl. Add a splash of the pasta cooking water and toss until the pesto nicely coats the pasta. Divide between bowls, top with a sprinkle of grana padano and serve.