- Heat oven to 220°C/fan 200°C. Line a large baking tray with foil and grease lightly with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Slice the red peppers and dice the courgette and aubergine into 1 cm cubes. Transfer the veg to a large bowl. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and toss to coat. Add the dried oregano and parsley, season with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Arrange the veg in a single layer on the baking tray. Roast, tossing once halfway through, until cooked and slightly browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mince the garlic; add it to a large bowl. Add the cooked veg and stir gently to combine; the residual heat will take the raw edge off the garlic.
- Add the sherry vinegar and fresh basil. Taste and adjust seasoning, adding vinegar or oil to balance the flavours to your taste. Set aside.
- Heat grill to high. Slice ciabatta loaf into 1 cm-thick slices. Lightly brush with extra-virgin olive oil on both sides and place on a baking tray. Toast until golden and slightly charred, 3 to 5 minutes, turning halfway through. Keep an eye on them; they’ll go from fine to burnt very quickly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Spread the goat’s cheese over each toast and top with a heaped tablespoonful of the veg.