- Take all the ingredients apart from the chicken and pop into a food blender, season and whizz for a minute to make a sauce.
- Slice the lemon into 4 and place in a roasting tin just big enough to fit the chicken. Make a couple of cuts in each of the chicken legs then place on top the lemons, breast side up.
- Take half of the sauce and rub all over the chicken and under the skin. Cover with clingfilm and pop in the fridge to marinate for an hour or as long as possible, overnight would be best.
- Once marinated remove the clingfilm and add a little water to the roasting tin, this will prevent any of the marinade catching. Now roast in a preheated oven at 160℃ for 30 minutes. Give it a based with any cooking juices that appear at the bottom every so often. Once done save any cooking juice.
- The chicken is now ready to hit the BBQ, so get them coals white. Rub some more of the sauce over the chicken and place on the BBQ breast side up. Cook for around 10 - 15 minutes turning and basting with the cooking juices and sauce till done.
Pop on a chopping board and hack up, we had it with a side salad, new potatoes mixed with whole-grain mustard, Greek yoghurt and seasoning plus pickled carrots and cucumber.