Chargrilled steak and asparagus with romesco sauce
1. First remove the steaks from the fridge and remove from the packaging. Let them sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or so. If they are cooked from fridge cold they can contract and lose their tenderness
2. Meanwhile prepare the romesco sauce. Drain the peppers first. Whack all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until you reach a coarse texture. Add as much olive oil as you see fit, the idea is for a thick sauce that dollops rather than pours. It's nice to have some texture left from the almonds too.
3. Season the steak liberally and cook in a hot pan or griddle for a few minutes on each side depending on how thick your steaks are and how you like it cooked. Once happy, remove from the pan to rest
4. Add the asparagus to the pan and cook through for 4 to 5 minutes until cooked but Al dente
5. To plate up, add a smear of the room temperature romesco sauce, add your asparagus and then slice your steak and serve on the top. Enjoy!