For the Pate...
- On a medium high heat melt a table spoon of butter in a frying pan until foaming with a couple of sprigs of fresh thyme and the crushed garlic
- When the thyme becomes fragrant add the chicken livers, then the brandy and pan fry for 2 minutes a side
- Once cooked, remove the thyme sprig stems and put the contents of the pan in a food processor, add half of the remaining butter, season then blitz in a food processor
- Once the pate is smooth and well blended, pour in to the Kilner jars and gently tap the jar to ensure its even on the top.
- Finely Slice the garlic cloves and pick some thyme leaves off the stems
- On a medium low heat, melt the remaining half of the butter in a pan with the garlic and thyme leaves. Once the butter is completely melted. Remove from the heat and spoon off any excess foam from the butter.
- Then top the pate with the melted butter and refrigerate to set for 1-2 hours
For the Chutney...
- On a medium high heat melt the butter until lightly foaming
- Finely slice the red onion then add with the balsamic to the butter stirring until all covered. Turn heat down to a medium heat and cook until starting to soften
- Add the brown sugar and paprika then stir well making sure to fully mix through, turn the heat down to a medium low heat and cook (stirring often) until the onions become sticky and a deep brown colour
- Once its reached the right consistency, add the mustard seeds, salt and set aside to cool.