American Pancakes with Balsamic and Black Pepper Strawberries and Crispy
Bad Ass Brunch!
1. Slice the strawberries and mix in a bowl with the sieved icing sugar, Organic Balsamic Vinegar and pepper if wanted and set aside.
2. Sift the flour into a large bowl, add the sugar and salt and whisk together. Make a well in the centre.
3. Beat the eggs into the milk and pour 2/3 into the well and start to whisk in the flour until smooth, then add the remaining milk.
4. Place the bacon on a grill tray and cook on a medium high heat until crispy. Drain off some of the strawberry syrup from the marinating strawberries and brush the bacon with it halfway through cooking.
5. Heat a non stick frying pan on a medium low heat. Wipe around a little vegetable oil or butter and fill pancake rings if using them, alternatively dollop out pancakes freely until the size required.
6. When bubbles have formed on the top and it is no longer liquid remove the rings and flip.
7. Cook for a further two minutes then remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
8. Stack the pancakes with the Tahini yoghurt, strawberries and bacon and spoon over the syrup.
Picture credit: Jose Lobarda Ubiria