1. To make the miso caramel, melt the sugar and water in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, swirling the pan to help it melt. Once it’s dissolved, increase the heat and boil until the sugar is light golden brown. Quickly whisk in the double cream. Once mixed well then add and whisk in thd miso. The caramel should be smooth and rich. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C. Lightly grease a 20cm square baking tin and line with baking paper.
3. Stir together the caster sugar, cocoa powder, flour and baking powder in a bowl. Mix together the eggs, melted butter and vanilla, then stir into the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in the melted chocolate and chopped hazelnuts.
4. Pour half the brownie mixture into the tin, then pour in 3/4 of the miso caramel and then finish by carefully pouring the rest of the brownie mixture over the top. Smooth the surface and drizzle on the remaining miso caramel and use a knife to swirl. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.
5. Leave to cool completely in the tin before cutting into small squares