- Cut each fish filet into halves. Marinate fish in salt, 1 tbsp pepper and lemon juice overnight.
- In a food processor combine onion, ginger, garlic, salt, 1 tbsp pepper, sugar, red chilies and green chilies. Use a little water to make a paste. Squeeze lemon juice into the mix and stir. Put the fish into this mixture. Set aside for at least an hour.
- Season Panko breadcrumbs with salt and 1 tbsp pepper.
- Put flour on a plate an season it with salt.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Take out the fish pieces from the marinating paste and coat with flour on both sides. When all the fish is done don’t throw away the marinating liquid and spices. Pour that into the beaten eggs to make a batter.
- Dip the fish into the egg mixture and coat with the seasoned breadcrumbs. Pat the breadcrumbs to coat into a thick layer. Repeat for the rest.
- Heat oil. Fry the battered fish till crunchy and golden on both sides. Drain on kitchen towels.