- Make the Mango Ice Cream or use store bought.
- Line a mini cupcake pan with cupcake liners (I used silicone liners but parchment works fine too). Use an ice cream scoop to scoop small portions of the ice cream. Put in the lined small cupcake liners. Put in the freezer for a couple of hours till nicely frozen.
- Put milk and sugar in a pan. Bring to a gently heat. Stir till the sugar dissolves. Turn the heat off.
- Add vanilla extract. Add the gel color. Add mochiko flour. Stir till smooth and till there are no lumps.
- Turn the heat back up. Cook on a low flame till the mixture forms into a dough that comes off the pan.
- Dust a large parchment paper generously with potato starch. Put the mochi dough on the parchment and begin kneading it gently.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Take one portion of the dough and stretch out with your hands. Place one ice cream ball in the middle of the stretched mochi dough and gently cover the ice cream with the dough. Repeat for the rest.
- Freeze the mochi ice cream for a couple of hours. Serve frozen.