Vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Lumacconi
Luxuriously creamy with gorgeous smoky and herby notes from the vegan cheese… the perfect #MeatFreeMonday weeknight meal!
FACT: I have never EVER liked a single vegan cheese until I had the pleasure of trying @sophies.delight artisan cheeses… Moreish, nourishing and gut friendly options for all tastes from mild, to tangy, mature and melt-in-your-mouth… made from only natural ingredients such as nuts, herbs and spices. THEY ARE A MUST TRY!!
The sauce is made by roasting the butternut squash in the oven with shallots and red onions until soft and slightly caramelised, adding it to a pan with sautéed garlic, stock and warm spices of smoked paprika, cinnamon, nutmeg and chilli. Then it’s all finished off with a little oat cream and 3 different vegan cheeses. A beautiful herby cheese made from cashews and mixed herbs, a smoky cheese made from almonds, garlic, smoked paprika and spices and then the parmesan made from sunflower seeds, almonds and turmeric.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C, arrange the squash, shallots and red onion on a baking tray
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and roast until soft and starting to brown, about 20-30 minutes, set aside
- Cook the pasta until it is slightly less than al dente, set aside
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan on medium heat with a little olive oil sauté the garlic until soft
- Add the roasted vegetables to the pan along with 700ml of stock and spices, bring to a boil and then purée with a hand blender or remove into a blender to purée and return contents to the saucepan
- Add the spices, cream and 2/3 of the parmesan, mix well
- Taste to check your seasoning adding desired amount of salt and pepper or more chilli powder if you like it spicy
- Finally add the soft cheese to the hot sauce and stir until melted
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce, check the consistency, loosen the sauce with more stock if desired
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining parmesan, cover with foil doming it slightly to avoid touching the topping and bake 20-25 mins
- Remove from the oven, add some cracked black pepper and crushed red chilli flakes
- Serve hot and enjoy!