Funky Nut vegan salted caramel cupcakes
These cupcakes are the ultimate indulgence! Using funky nut products to create a crispy pretzel base with a gooey caramel core & the fluffiest chocolate peanut butter icing on top! This recipe is not just for vegans - give it a go!
I am using all my Funky nut favourites which can be found here https://funkynutco.com/?ref=20589808ox. use code GABRIELLAMARGIO for 10% off
If you want to add more texture to your cupcakes use a crunchy peanut butter.
- Pre heat oven to 165 degree's and fill a 12 cupcake tray with cases
- Crushed the pretzels with a rolling pin until you have a fine crumb ( reserve 12 pretzels for decoration)
- Add the melted coconut oil and mix until combined
- Distribute the pretzel mixture between 12 cupcake cases and using the back of the spoon compress to create a base
- Add the vinegar to your milk to create buttermilk leave to stand for 5 minutes
- Now for the cake batter, with an electric whisk mix together the buttermilk, oil, vanilla extract and peanut butter
- Sieve in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and both sugars into the wet mixture and mix well for 1 minute until everything is smooth
- Divide the cake batter between the 12 cases, you can use an ice cream scoop to evenly distribute the mixture for equal sized cupcakes
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a skewer comes out clean.
- For the icing, whisk your dairy free spread for 3-5 minutes until it becomes light, fluffy and pale in colour
- Add your sifted icing sugar in two stages mixing well after each
- Add the peanut butter and vanilla extract and whisk until combined
- Once the cupcakes have completely cooled using an apple corer remove the centre of the cupcake ensuring you don't go through the base
- Add a teaspoon of your funky nut salted caramel spread to each cupcake hole
- Once all filled you can pipe your icing onto the cupcakes and finish with pretzels for decoration