- Combine sugar, vinegar, and water in a saucepan and boil on medium heat until the sugar dissolves (3 to 4 minutes). Stir occasionally. Remove from the heat and cool it down.
- Place radishes and carrots into a sterile pickling jar and pour over the brine. Close the lid. Gently move the jar around a little bit to make sure the brine is touching the all radishes and carrots.
- Place in fridge to chill before serving
- Preheat Air Fryer to 375F.
- Press tofu for 15 minutes with heavy pan to get out extra liquid.
- Cut into cubes and transfer to a bowl.
- Marinate in soy, sesame oil, olive oil, and garlic for 15 minutes.
- Cook tofu in air fryer for 15 minutes. Shake halfway through.
Stir Fried Vegetables
- Blanch the Gai Lan (Chinese Broccoli): Boil for 2-3 minutes in a large pot of water until bright green and cool in ice bath. Drain and dry.
- Slice zucchini in half moons. Place in bowl and marinate in 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and 2 cloves of minced garlic
- Prepare mushrooms / slice/rip as preferred.
- Heat up a wok or saute pan to medium-high heat. Add in 1/2 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- Stir fry zucchini in wok for a few minutes until just tender. Transfer to bowl.
- Add another 1/2 tablespoon of oil to wok. Add in 2 more cloves of minced garlic and stir fry until fragrant. Stir fry Gai Lan for 2-3 minutes, adding a little water if pan is starting to burn. Transfer to bowl.
- Add remaining oil and garlic into the wok. Stir fry mushrooms for 2-3 minutes. Once starting to brown, add in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Stir until sauce is combined and mushrooms are coated. (**If you are willing to use more than one pan at a time, mushrooms will be cooked very successfully in a cast iron pan!)
- Place 1 serving of rice into separate serving bowls.
- Top each bowl with tofu. Allow guests to build bibimbap bowls to their liking with prepared toppings (pickled vegetables, zucchini, mushrooms, gai lan, bean sprouts, and gochujang sauce).