Roasted Tomato & Chunky Veg Soup with White Beans & Kale
Hearty, comforting and healthy, this will be your your new family favourite dinner! Packed with oven roasted plum tomatoes, veggies, garlic and herbs as well as white beans, kale and macaroni… on your dinner table in under and hour and is perfect to freeze too!
Served up in individual bowls with loads of shaved parmesan which melts in the steaming bowl oozing with every spoonful. Pass me the crusty baguette right now so I can dunk… who else needs this in their life today??
- Preheat the oven to 180℃
- Dice the tomatoes, carrots, onion, celery, red pepper and fennel small
- Add all these vegetables along with the garlic, thyme and bay leaves to a parchment lined oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
- Roast in the oven until cooked through, about 30 minutes
- Remove 1/4 of the vegetable mix along with the bay leaves and thyme stalks into a plate
- Blitz the remaining 3/4 vegetable mix in a liquidiser then transfer this to a large saucepan and heat over a medium heat
- Add the stock, tomato paste, sugar, balsamic vinegar and the bay leaves you removed onto the plate, bring to a boil
- Add in the slice kale and macaroni, simmer another 10 minutes, until the kale is tender and the pasta is cooked through
- Stir in the white beans, cooked vegetables and chopped parsley, heat through for 5 minutes
- Add the 500ml boiling water, taste, adjust salt and pepper
- Serve piping hot with plenty of parmesan shavings and crusty bread
- Garnish with chopped parsley and sprinkle with crushed red chilli flakes for a bit of a kick, enjoy!