- Cook rice: Cook rice of your choice according to package directions.
- Marinate shrimp: Place prepared shrimp and all marinade ingredients (except oil) in a medium bowl. Toss thoroughly and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Prepare corn salsa: Meanwhile, mix all salsa ingredients in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Prepare the Avocado Lime Crema: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend to combine. Crema will be quite thick. Add water a tbsp at a time to make thinner to your desired consistency.
- Cook shrimp: Heat up oil in a pan at medium heat (cast iron is best) and cook shrimp for 1 minute per side until just curled and nicely browned. Do not overcrowd the pan! Place shrimp in an order and then flip in that same order to prevent shrimp from overcooking.
- Assemble: Place some rice and shredded lettuce in the bottom of a bowl. Add in a few big spoonfuls of the salsa and top with cooked shrimp. Drizzle on avocado crema.