Salmon Rose Rainbow Sushi Cake
Can’t everyday be Sushi Sunday? Continuing my sushi series with this rainbow mini sushi cake.
A layer of each salmon tartare, tuna tartare and yellowtail tartare sandwiched between seasoned sushi rice, topped with both an avocado fan and salmon sashimi rose, finished with a sprinkling of chopped chives.
- Place cooked hot sushi rice in a wooden bowl and season with sushi rice vinegar, soya sauce and the furikake, mix well and cover with a damp tea towel
- Place cut yellowtail in a glass bowl with the remaining soya sauce, spring onions, jalapeño, red pepper, light soya and yuzu ponzu sauce, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour
- Place the diced salmon, soya sauce, sesame oil, Sriracha, Japanese mayonnaise and 3/4 of the chives in a bowl, mix well, set aside
- Place the diced tuna in another bowl with the remaining ingredients, mix well, set aside
- Grease or brush the inside of the cooking ring and with a little sesame oil, grease your chopping board a little too so the cake can be easily removed
- Place the cooking ring on the greased board and fill 1/3 way up with the seasoned sushi rice, flatten the rice with the ring pusher
- Fill a layer of each of the fish, starting with the salmon, then the tuna and lastly the yellowtail until the ring is filled almost all the way, again flatten with the ring pusher
- Add more sushi rice to the cooking ring to fill it to the top and flatten with the ring pusher
- Slowly lift the ring upwards and remove carefully, place the avocado slices in a fan shape over the top of the rice
- Create a rose pattern with the salmon slices by layering each slice in a circular shape, sprinkle with the remaining finely chopped chives
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
***You may have extra tartare leftover depending on how much you fit inside the rings***