- Take a pan and add the zest of one orange, the port, the chicken stock and the four-fruit jam.
- Put the pan on the fire and bring it to a boil.
- Reduce the sauce by boiling it for a longer period of time. Reduce the heat when the sauce has the desired thickness (about 20 minutes).
- Lower the heat and add the berries or cranberries. Let the berries heat up in the sauce. Adding the berries is best done when the venison steaks are on the barbecue. You can make the sauce earlier and then put it back on the fire if you are preparing the steaks on the barbecue.
Grilling the venison steaks
- Take the venison steak out of the refrigerator one hour before cooking and let it come to room temperature.
- Fill the grill with lump charcoal and start a fire with two firelighters on the left and right between the charcoal. Let it burn for about 5 minutes with the cover open, install the cast iron grill grate.
- Make sure your grill grate is clean or clean it with sunflower oil just before grilling.
- We are going to grill directly over the charcoal because a venison steak is not very thick. Feel for a moment with your hand above the grid before you start. If you can't hold your hand up for a second, the barbecue is hot enough. Rub the venison steak a little with olive oil and season the venison steak with a little salt.
- Place the venison steaks on the grid and grill them for about 2 minutes per side to a core temperature of 50℃ .
- Let them rest for a while (about 5 minutes) under a clean tea towel.
- Season the venison steak with a little ground pepper and add the red port sauce. Sprinkle a little more rosemary over it to finish it off.
Good luck making, and greetings from GrillFun!!!