BUTTERNUT & BEETS SALAD
This is such a simple salad but it is so delicious, easy to make and will makes for a good side dish at any dinner party..
- Firstly, I don’t generally peel my butternut, however you can peel the butternut.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line an oven tray with tin foil and place beetroot on 1 side and butternut and onion on the other side. Drizzle on the butternut with 2 tbsps of olive oil.
- Bake until tender and the beetroot is starting to look dry/dehydrated about 20-25minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a hot pan add the 2 tbsps olive oil and sauté the kale until cooked (Its kale for me it never gets cooked) . Season with salt and pepper set aside.
- For the Hummus
- Bring a sauce pan of water to the boil. Add baking soda and chickpeas and boil until the chickpeas’ skins are falling off. Drain the chickpeas, and run cool water over them.
- In a food processor, add lemon juice and garlic, blitz for 30 seconds. Then add the tahini and blend until smooth.
- Add the chickpeas and blend until smooth. Drizzle in some water if the mixture is too thick. Scrap down the side and add cumin, olive oil and blend until the hummus is super smooth and pale yellow and creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Scrape the hummus into a bowl.
Or line your dishing plate with hummus, then carefully lay the butternut on top of the hummus, top with kale, beetroot, pumpkin seeds, almond flakes and drizzle a generous amount of olive oil…(There is never too much Olive oil for me)