Penne all' amatriciana
The thing I love most about pasta is the 100's of different shapes and sizes to the limitless variations of sauces that mean the possibilities are endless! Amatriciana is a classic! The simplicity of this dish makes it a great midnight snack or a last minute midweek dinner.
- put a pan of salted water onto boil.
- once the water comes to a rolling boil add your pasta.
- in a wide frying pan heat the olive oil on a medium heat.
- add the pancetta and gently cook until the fat renders and the pancetta is a lovely golden colour.
- add the chilli, garlic and onion and sautéed down until everything is soft and translucent around five minutes. Add the passata and season with a touch of salt and pepper.
- once the pasta is cooked add it straight to the sauce, set aside a cup of pasta water for after.
- Toss well adding pasta water when needed to loosen the sauce.
- sprinkle some parmesan and chopped parsley through, serve and enjoy!