- Heat your oven to 150℃ /fan 130℃.
- Lightly season the ribs with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper. Emphasis on the lightly, most of the flavour (and salt) will come from the teriyaki glaze.
- Arrange the racks in a single layer in 2 roasting tins. Pour the apple juice over the ribs, diving the apple juice between the two roasting tins. Tightly cover each roasting tin with 2 layers of foil. Bake for 3 hours, or until the ribs are very tender but not quite falling apart.
- Meanwhile, combine the corn flour and water in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Add the remaining sauce ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Pour the sauce into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer until thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and set aside.
- Once tender, carefully transfer the ribs to a chopping board or platter. Switch your oven to grill (high).
- Drain and wipe out the roasting tins. Line the roasting tins with foil and grease them lightly. Return the ribs to the tins and arrange in a single layer.
- Baste the ribs on both sides with a third of the teriyaki sauce. Grill for 5 minutes, turning once halfway through. Baste the ribs on both sides with the second third of the teriyaki sauce and grill, turning once halfway through, for a further 5 minutes. Finally, baste the ribs on both sides with the remaining teriyaki sauce and grill, turning once halfway through, for a final 5 minutes, or until lacquered and starting to crisp. Transfer to a platter and serve.