Middle Eastern Inspired Brown Rice
Boring rice has always seemed so boring and it is unenjoyable, plain and doesn't taste as nice as white rice or smell as good as Jasmine rice but you know what? There are other ways to make it a little bit more fun and I have been exploring a lot of my beloved white rice recipes with the brown rice. My mind is almost changed....
1) In a hot sauce pan, add cooking oil, diced onion and cook until the onions are soft.
2) Add Chickpeas, cumin, coriander, paprika and cayenne pepper and cook for a minute. Reduce heat if necessary.
3) Then, stir in the diced courgettes, carrots, peppers. Cook for 2-3minutes or until the courgettes are cooked through but not soggy. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Spoon cooked brown rice into the pan and mix the rice until it is well incorporated and all the vegetable are evenly distributed in the pan.
5) Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 5-8minutes
To serve sprinkle some freshly chopped herbs (preferably coriander or parsley) over the rice.