Seafood Crêpes with a Garlicky Béarnaise Butter Sauce
Oh hello pancake day! 🥞
Am I pushing it by posting seafood crêpes?… because in all honestly, I’m a savoury over sweet kinda girl!! 😜
Filled with plump, juicy prawns and scallops, the sauce is made using Béarnaise butter @sublimebutter along with garlic, leeks, shallots, cream, nutmeg, a hint of cayenne pepper @bartingredients for some heat, as well as dash of sherry and chopped dill for freshness.
These crêpes are soooo decadent, indulgently satisfying, lick your plate delicious and worth every FLIPPIN’ (pun intended) calorie! They make an impressive starter for a dinner party and are perfect for a special occasion brunch paired with a leafy green salad.
No… I didn’t deprive my kiddos of pancakes for brekkie today… they still indulged in homemade crêpes with Nutella (of course) but really, I don’t even have the urge to take one bite… for me it’s savoury all the way!!
A surprisingly easy recipe, ready in under 30 minutes if you have your crêpes premade. Go on, give these ones a go.. you won’t be disappointed!
So… are you team savoury like me or team sweet???
- To make the crepes, whisk all the ingredients together either by hand, with a blender, or in a food processor into quite a runny batter, if the batter is too stiff, add a little more milk
- Then, heat a non-stick pan over medium high, add a little butter then pour a few spoons of the batter into the center of the pan, swirl to spread out evenly
- Cook for about a minute, then flip it over to cook the other side, until golden
- Stack the finished crepes on a plate and loosely cover with foil
- To make the filling, melt 3 tbsp of the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat
- Sauté the garlic, leeks and shallots until soft
- Stir in the flour, nutmeg, salt and cayenne pepper, cook stirring for a couple of minutes
- Slowly add the milk and cream, cook, stirring until thickened and smooth, set aside
- In a separate large saucepan melt 2 tbsp butter over medium high heat and cook the scallops and prawns for a few minutes until just about cooked, remove from the heat
- Add the cooked prawns and scallops as well as the sherry and dill (reserve a little for garnish) to the sauce and mix well
- To assemble, fill the enter of each crepe with a few spoonfuls of filling, roll them up and serve hot
- Garnish with more fresh dill and soft boiled quails eggs if desired