- Heat oven to 150℃/fan 130℃. Place the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
- Place the ribs in a large bowl. Sprinkle the ribs with the dry rub and toss to coat, using your hands, until evenly coated.
- Arrange the ribs in a single layer in a large roasting tin. Pour the apple juice over the ribs. Tightly cover the roasting tin with 2 layers of foil. Bake until the ribs are very tender but not completely falling apart, 2 to 3 hours.
- Add the glaze ingredients to a small saucepan and stir to combine. Heat the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring the glaze to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring often, until slightly thickened, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Once cooked, transfer the ribs to a foil-lined baking sheet. Switch your oven to the grill setting on medium-high.
- Baste the ribs on both sides with half of the glaze. Grill for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Baste the ribs on both sides with the remaining glaze and grill uncovered for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once halfway through, or until lacquered and starting to crisp. Transfer to a plate, top with toasted sesame seeds (optional) and serve.