BBQ Spiced Chicken with Kachumber
For the Chicken
- Make the marinade by mixing the dry tandoori spices in a large bowl along with the natural yoghurt, ginger, puree, lemon juice and garlic.
- Smother the chicken to allow the marinade to penetrate. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or so but if time allows overnight for best results.
- Place onto a BBQ over indirect heat, keep the temperature regulated to 160℃ and cook for around 1 ½ hours or until the internal temperature reaches 73℃ . Rest under foil for 15 minutes.
For the potatoes
- Par boil potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 7-8 minutes, drain then halve lengthways.
- Add to a frying pan with the butter and oil then sauté until golden brown, just before serving add the cumin and garlic and cook for a further minute. Season to taste.
For the salad
- To make the kachumber, combine all of the ingredients into a bowl along with some salt and pepper then leave to stand for 10 minute