For the pesto...
- Add everything aside from the olive oil and salt and pepper to a food processor/blender. Blitz up for 10-15 seconds.
- Gradually add the olive oil until the pesto is at your desired consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Leave the pesto out at room temperature if using at the time or refrigerate it until later. Make sure you get it out of the fridge at least an hour before using so it's at room temperature.
Pasta and chicken...
- Preset your oven to 200℃ .
- Cook your pasta in heavily salted water using packet instructions but deduct a minute off the cooking time.
- Drain and drizzle heavily in olive oil tossing it through.
- Leave to one side until ready to use.
- Add the shallots, tomatoes and garlic to the outside of a large baking tray with a generous amount of olive oil and salt.
- In a large pan on a medium high heat add butter and olive oil, when sizzling add the chicken breasts. (Do in batches if there's not enough room for them all).
- Brown them off for 2 minutes a side to get some colour on them. Remove from the pan and place in the middle of the baking tray. Keep the juices and buttery oil in the pan.
- Add a slice of mozzarella and a slice of tomato to the top of each chicken breast. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to the oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- on a medium high heat, add the spaghetti to the buttery oiled pan.
- When sizzling toss the spaghetti through.
- Add the pesto to the spaghetti and mix through until full incorporated.
- When the chicken is cooked, plate the shallots, tomato and garlic on top of the spaghetti, followed by the chicken.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction, top with fresh basil and fresh cracked pepper.