Preparation tomato salsa
- Peel the tomatoes by making two slices on the bottom and then put them briefly in boiling water until the skin comes off.
- Remove the the skin from the tomato and let it cool.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and remove the seeds.
- Dice the tomatoes and the pointed peppers and chop half the onion, the capers and basil finely.
- Mix everything together with the lemon zest.
- Season with tabasco, salt and freshly ground pepper to tast.
- Cover the tomato salsa and put in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Preparation of steak bruschetta
- Fill the grill with lump charcoal and start a fire with two firelighters on the left and right between the charcoal. Let it burn for about 5 minutes with the cover open. Place the grill grate and close the lid till the temperature is around 250℃ .
- Cut the baguette into slices that are about 2 cm thick. Sprinkle the baguettes with olive oil and grill them on both sides.
- Slice the mozzarella and take the tomato salsa from the refrigerator.
- Season the rib-eye steaks with salt just before they go on the barbecue.
- Grill both sides for about 2 to 3 minutes till a core temperature of between 50℃ and 55℃ .
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for some minuts.
- Place the baguettes on a platter and provide with the tomato salsa and mozzarella.
- Cut the rib-eye steak into slices and season them with a little ground peper to tast.
- Place the steak slices on the mozzarella and finish with a basil leaf.
This bruschetta is super tasty as a snack or appetizer. Good luck making, and greetings from GrillFun!!!