- Firstly make up your dressing. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, crushed garlic, capers and chilli to a bowl. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Prepare the squid. Insert a knife in to the cavity of the squid then gently cut through with another knifes as to make slits in the flesh. Repeat this with all the other tubes.
- Ensure the beak is removed from the tentacles.
- Turn on your griddle pan or frying pan if you don't have one. Heat until the pan is smoking hot. Drizzle a little olive oil over the squid then lightly season with salt. Place the squid in the pan and cook for a couple of minutes on each side to get an even char. Take off the heat and set aside.
- In a dry pan toast off your pine nuts until lightly golden then add them to the dressing.
- Arrange the squid on the plate and then dress with a generous amount of the sauce. Finally scatter over some fresh dill. Cut yourself some additional wedges of lemon then serve.