Making the rice:
- Rinse the rice thoroughly with cold water until the water runs clean, then drain well.
- Combine the coconut cream, Thai red curry paste, kaffir lime leaves, water and salt in a medium saucepan over high medium-heat, stirring to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Stir in the rinsed rice and bring back to a simmer. Cover, turn the heat down to low and cook for 12 minutes. Remove the saucepan from heat and let sit for a further 5 minutes, keeping the lid on.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and transfer to a large baking dish to cool; spreading it out into a single layer will allow it to cool faster. Cool at least 30 mins or up to overnight.
Making the fried rice:
- Boil the peas according to package instructions. Drain, set aside and allow to cool.
- From this point onwards, the fried rice comes together very quickly, so it’s important you have all your ingredients prepped and ready to go.
- Heat the coconut oil over high heat in a 31 cm wok. If you don’t have a wok, use a large sauté pan.
- Add the prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the lemongrass, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the sea salt, white pepper and palm sugar and toss to combine.
- Add the cooled rice and peas. Stir-fry, tossing continually, until the rice and peas are heated through, around 2 to 4 mins – enjoy!