- Marinate prawns in salt and turmeric for at least 20 mins.
- Heat olive oil. Sauté marinated prawns for a couple of minutes till pink. Keep aside.
- In the same oil put in garlic. Scrape the pan and mix into the garlic all that ‘prawn’ flavor. Let the garlic start to turn golden.
- Put in tomato paste. Sauté the paste well.
- Add in the finely chopped tomatoes. Stir. Season with salt, sugar and crushed black pepper.
- Pour in 1 cup of water. Simmer for 5-6 minutes. Put in the sautéd prawns.
- Mix in heavy cream. Stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Serve with basil and freshly grated Parmesan.