To prepare the chicken.....
- Set aside the lemons and stock.
- Add all other ingredients to a large roasting dish and mix all together ensuring everything is mixed through well.
- Cling film over the roasting dish and put into the fridge for 1-24 hours. The longer you leave it, the more flavour will get into the chicken.
- When ready to cook, set the oven to 180℃.
- Remove the cling film and space out the ingredients ensuring the chicken is skin side up and on top of the other ingredients and not too close to other bits of chicken.
- Add the lemon to the roasting dish pushing them between the chicken as a spacer.
- Pour in the stock (not over the chicken) until it covers the bottom ingredients but not the chicken skin.
- Foil over/cover the roasting dish and add to the oven for 30 minutes.
- After the 30 minutes, remove the foil, increase the temperature of the oven to 200℃ and cook uncovered for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and plate.
To prepare the patas bravas and aioli.....
(I would recommend prepping the potatoes before cooking the chicken, that way you can just warm them through when the chicken is cooked to serve together)
- Take the mayo, lemon juice and garlic, mix well together and put in the fridge until ready to use (1 hour- 24 hours).
- Take the potatoes and cut into 1.cm cubes, add to a saucepan of cold salted water.
- Pre heat the oven to 180℃
- Place the saucepan a high heat and bring to the boil, once boiled cook for a further 15 minutes until tender.
- Drain fully then add back to the pot, add a lid and shake the pot hard for 10-20 seconds roughing up the potatoes.
- Transfer to a roasting dish and add the paprika, cayenne, garlic granules, salt and olive oil and mix through thoroughly.
- Add to the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir through ensuring the potatoes are coated again in the oil mix and add back to the oven for a further 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven, season and top with the aioli and serve.