This can be whipped up in 15 minutes, though I like to leave the dressing flavours to mingle in the fridge for 20 min or so before putting it all together.
For the dressing:
- In a small bowl, add the lemon juice, Extra-virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, and finely chopped basil. Mix well and set aside in the fridge.
*Tip for the fresh basil: The leaves can sometimes be sandy, so rinse under cold water and carefully pat dry. Roll the leaves up like you were rolling a burrito and slice them into thin strips. This is the best way to get some in every bite of your salad, and their flavour really helps season the dressing!
For the Salad:
- Slice an heirloom or beefsteak tomato in 1/2 inch slices. You want them thick to support the dressing and mozzarella.
- Slice the mozzarella ball in equally thick pieces, or to your liking.
- On a plate, layer the mozzarella on top of the tomato slices.
- Spoon the dressing over the salad and season with extra salt & pepper!