Garlic & red pepper prawn Orzo
I love Orzo, its so versatile and much lighter than rice! I always use it in soups, salads or to bulk out a hearty stew! This recipe is perfect for sharing and as an extra in the middle of your table or at your dinner party! To watch how I made this click here
Try adding some clams, mussels or fresh squid in this recipe!
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil.
- Clean and prepare your shrimp. Removing the vein and shell but leaving the tail in tact.
- Heat your olive oil in a wide heavy based pan on medium heat.
- Add your onion, garlic, peppers and dried chilli flakes, gently sweat for 8-10 minutes until soft and translucent (add salt to prevent caramelisation).
- Add your prawns and cherry tomatoes to the pan and increase the heat, now add your white wine. As soon as the wine has reduced add your passata and a small cup of water.
- Reduce the heat and cook for 3-5 minutes, just until the prawns are firm to touch. We don't want to over cook them.
- Turn the heat off and add your orzo to the boiling water.
- Once the orzo is al Dente strain from the pan straight into your sauce.
- Turn the heat back on and mix everything until creamy and combined, adding some reserved pasta water if needed.
- Finished the dish with a generous drizzle of olive oil and chopped parsley. Serve with lemon wedges and enjoy!