- Heat oven to 200℃/fan 180℃. Place the potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water, season generously with sea salt (multiple, generous pinches) and bring to a boil over high heat. Taste the water: it should be sea-level salty; don’t worry, very little of the salt will actually be absorbed by the potatoes.
- Cook for 2 minutes from the point where the water starts boiling. Drain immediately and leave to steam dry for a couple of minutes.
- Combine the peri peri spice mix in a small bowl. Transfer the wedges to a large bowl. Add the olive oil and toss, ensuring that all the wedges are coated in oil. Add the peri peri spice mix, season with sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper and toss again to coat the wedges in the spices.
- Arrange the wedges in a single layer in a large roasting dish or baking tray. Make sure you don’t overcrowd the dish; use two if necessary. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the wedges from the oven and toss. Return the wedges to the oven. Bake, tossing occasionally, for a further 20 to 30 minutes, or until dark golden brown and crisp. Season with salt, to taste, and serve immediately.