- Form beef into four patties. Season with your favorite rub.
- Preheat grill with cast iron insert on high heat.
- When pan is hot, cook burgers for about 4 minutes per side,flipping once, until cooked to your preferred doneness. I cook mine to medium-about 145℉ internal temperature. Top with cheese until just melted.
- Meanwhile, toast buns until golden brown.
- Assemble the burgers by layering two burger patties on a bun, topped with two bacon slices and two onion rings.
- Top generously with BBQ sauce and top bun.