Step 1: Dough
I have used whole wheat chapati flour to make the wholemeal wrap. Prepare the dough in a large mixing bowl. Add the flour, oil and salt; mix all the ingredients together adding little water at a time to make a soft dough. Use more water if necessary. Cover the dough and let it rest for at least 20 minutes.
This helps to make soft wraps. If you are in a hurry store bought tortillas are perfectly ok.
Step 2: Filling
Heat oil in a pan, add the chopped onion and peppers, sauté for 2 minutes on a high flame. Add the chopped tomatoes, pepper powder, oregano and salt to taste. Mix all the ingredients and switch off the flame.
Step 3: Tortillas
1. Make balls from the dough and roll them out into thin tortillas.
2. Heat the crepe pan on medium flame. Cook both sides of the tortillas and place them on a plate.
3. You can make as many tortillas you require and then store the remaining dough covering with the cling film in the fridge for later use.
4. Spread the filling (2 tbsp) on one half of the tortilla, top it up with cheese (I have used grated cheddar), fold over the tortilla into a semi-circle.
5. Place the tortilla carefully on the hot crepe pan, cook each side for about 2 minutes until they are crisp and the cheese has melted.
6. Slice them into wedges and serve (I have made small tortillas so that they can be held easily).
7. Serve hot with sour cream and guacamole or they can be eaten on their own, they taste great.