- First start by adding the onion, pepper, chillies and garlic to a large pan, get the fresh coriander and roughly chop all the stalks and throw that in as well. You want to slowly soften everything in the oil for around 10 minutes but without colouring.
- Once everything has softened add the smoked paprika, oregano, cumin, chilli powder and season with salt and pepper. Give everything a good mix then add the tomato purée cook that out for a couple of minutes then followed by the flour and mix well and again cook out for a couple of minutes.
- Tip in the tomatoes, crumble in the stock cube and add the sugar. Fill the empty can of tomatoes with hot water and pour into the dish along with the BBQ sauce. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid but leave a slight gap and simmer for 1 hour giving it a stir every so often. Add the drained kidney beans and sweet corn to the dish for the final 20 minutes of cooking.
- While the chilli sauce is doing its thing cook the pulled pork according to the packet. They normally take between 25 to 30 minutes. Pop into the oven once the sauce has had 30 minutes so that way everything comes together at the same time.
- Once everything is ready add the pulled pork to the chilli sauce, squeeze in the lime juice and garnish with the spring onions. Now roughly chop all the remaining fresh coriander (reserve some for garnishing) and add to the dish and give it a good mix, then take to the table for everyone to tuck in.
I like to serve my chilli with rice, sliced avocado, sour cream a sprinkle of coriander, some sliced red chillies, a couple of lime wedges and a few tortilla chips.