- Let the cowboy steak rest at room temperature about 1 hour.
- Season the cowboy steak with salt and let it rest until it goes on the barbecue.
- Chop the shallot, jalapeño pepper and the fresh flat parsley.
- Cut the blue and cream cheese into cubes for later.
- Scrub the potatoes clean and pat them dry.
- Cut parallel slits into each potato, stopping just before you cut through so that the slices stay connected at the bottom of the potato.
- Grate the cheddar cheese and put it in a bowl for later.
Grilling the Cowboy steak
- Start with the hasselback potatoes because it takes about 1.5 hours before they are ready. If you do not have two barbecues, you can put them in an oven dish and put them in the oven at 180℃ . Brush the hasselback potatoes with olive oil about every 15 minutes. Just before they are cooked you can season them generously with salt and pepper and the grated cheddar cheese. Put them back in the oven or barbecue until the cheese has melted.
- Fill the grill with lump charcoal and start a fire with two firelighters on the left and right between the charcoal. Let it burn for about 5 minutes with the cover open, install the diffuser plate on the bottom of the rack so it sits just above the charcoal and leave for about another 5 minutes. Once the stone is warmed thoroughly close the lid and make sure the bottom and top vents are open. Close your kamado and adjust the temperature to about 120℃ At this point, almost close the the bottom vent, leaving it open just a little. Close the top vent till it's open for 1/8.
- When the temperature has reached 120℃ you can put the cowboy steak and garlic on the grill grate. Close the lid until the cowboy steak has reached a core temperature of 46℃ .
- Remove the steak from the grill and check if the garlic bulb is soft. Place the steak and garlic on a cutting board. Cover it with a towel so that it doesn't cool to fast.
- Remove the grill grate and the diffuser plate from the barbecue. Open the top and bottom vents and fire up the barbecue till a temperature off 250℃ . Put the grill grate back in the barbecue and sear the steak hot and fast. At this point you can also grill the tomatoes on the grill. Grill the steak about 2 minuts on each side.
- Remove the steak from the grill. Put it on a cutting board and rub it in with the garlic. Let rest 10 minutes under a towel before slicing and serving.
- Now it's time to make the cheese sauce. Heat the saucepan with a little olive oil and add the shallot and jalapeño pepper for about 5 minuts. Reduce the heat and deglaze with the apple cider vinegar. Remove the sauce pan from the stove and add the cheese with the flat parsely. Stir gently till the cheese has melted. Taste the sauce and bring to tast with pepper.
- Serve the cowboy steak with the hasselback potoatoes, grilled tomatatoes and the cheese sauce.
Good luck making, and greetings from GrillFun!!!