- Dry roast mung Dal for a few mixtures on a medium flame till aromatic. Take care not to burn the grains. Let it cool slightly. Rinse the dal and keep aside.
- Heat mustard oil in the pan. Add in bay leaf, cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon, green cardamom, black cardamom, dry red chilies and asafetida.
- Add cauliflower florets. Add in carrots and grated ginger. Season with you salt, turmeric, red chili powder and roasted cumin powder. Sauté.
- Add chopped tomato and coconut. Mix everything together. Add in rinsed dal, washed rice, salt, Garam masala powder and sugar.
- Add in 2 tbsp of ghee and 5 cups of water.
- Pressure cook for one whistle. Release the pressure after a minute so the rice doesn’t overcook.
- Serve with another dollop of ghee.