- Rinse basmati rice a few times till the water runs clear. Keep aside.
- Grate the ginger and squeeze the juice. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of oil and sauté the cashews till golden. Keep aside. Add the rest of the vegetable oil. Add bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves and green cardamom. Sauté a few seconds till aromatic.
- Add mixed vegetables. Sauté for a few minutes . Add drained rice. Add salt, sugar and white pepper powder. Add in Garam masala powder. Sauté for a minute.
- Add 2 cups of water. Turn the heat to low and cover. Cook for 11-12 mins till the rice is completely done.
- Add in sautéd cashews and raisins.
- Add in ghee and gently mix without breaking the grains of the rice.
- Cover for a few mins before serving.