- Line a tin – 22 cm x 22 cm
- Gently melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Set aside to cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs and the sugar and vanilla extract until light and creamy.
- Whisk in the melted chocolate and butter then carefully fold in the dry ingredients until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin.
- Cook for 45 minutes at about 160℃ The mixture should have a slight wobble once cooked – it sets as it cools.
Prep 45 minutes
Total 1 hour 15 minutes
US | Metric
Sue Stoneman's Chocolate Brownies
This is a lovely gooey chocolate brownie which cooks well on the BBQ. Put it on the heat once you’ve taken off your meat and it will be ready in time for dessert!
Our thanks to Sue Stoneman for providing this recipe.
90 g Dark chocolate
150 g Unsalted butter
15 g Cocoa powder
125 g Plain flour
300 g Light brown soft sugar
½ tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract